A smart card, chip card, or integrated circuit card (ICC), is any pocket-sized card with embedded integrated circuits. A smart card or microprocessor cards contain volatile memory and microprocessor components. The card is made of plastic, generally polyvinyl chloride, but sometimes acrylonitrile butadiene styrene or polycarbonate.
Our USB Full Speed to PC/SC Smart Card Read/Writer is a compact, cost effective reader. It supports all MCU-based smart cards with T=0 or T=1 protocols as well as popular memory cards. It supports all major PC platforms. The device supports 1.8V, 3V and 5V MCU cards with short circuit protection. The reader is an inexpensive solution for e-commerce, information security, access control, identification, and other smart card applications.
Smart cards will be increasingly integrated with the Windows operating system for future releases. Ultimately, any operation that currently requires a password can be enabled to use a smart card. Support for CryptoAPI, Win32 enables the development of smart card and reader-independent applications and service providers. These applications and service providers are enabled for smart cards by using standard development tools, such as java, Visual C++ and Visual Basic.
- Short Circuit Protection
- Read and write all microprocessor cards.
- Supports most common memory-based smart cards
- Support PPS in reading and writing smart cards
- EMV certified
- ISO7816-1/2/3 compatible smart card interface
- USB bus powered, no power adapter required
- Provide tamper-resistant storage for protecting private keys and other forms of personal information.
- Isolate security-critical computations involving authentication, digital signatures, and key exchanges from other parts of the system.
- Enable portability of credentials and other private information between computers at work, at home, or for mobile users.